Being out of balance can have significant effects on all aspects of your life. That’s why it’s incredibly important to create harmony in your life and establish a healthy rhythm that is sustainable and feels good to you.
Here are five tips to help you bring your home and work life into balance:
1. Care for yourself
• You cannot continue doing work or being present for others at home or at work in any dedicated way if you are not well taken care of.
• Allow yourself to be appropriately and highly compensated for your good work.
• Build time into your schedule to indulge in things you love to do that nourish you.
2. Establish good boundaries – at home and at work
• Establish working and non-working hours, and honor your word regarding your schedule.
• Clearly communicate guidelines for how and when to reach you outside of these hours if necessary.
• Healthy boundaries will improve your quality of life and relationships with others.
3. Batch similar activities together
• Conserve your energy by limiting the amount of “back and forth” between tasks.
• Maintain focus and dedication to similar tasks so you can ride the momentum and improve efficiency.
4. Get support from your family and friends
• Communicate your vision and goals, and include ways in which they can help.
• Getting family and friends on board with your vision will help you stay accountable.
5. Create a three-year plan to achieve your desired income level
• A plan with goals and action steps will help keep you on track.
• An action plan with clearly defined and measurable objectives allows you to monitor your progress and make adjustments when necessary.
Some say that there truly is no “balance” between home and work life — however I disagree. I believe there can be a very fine “intertwining” of the two. Balance is unique to us all; what works for you may not work for the next person.
The best way to feel balanced, is to simply try out lifestyle methods that are applicable to your and your life, while fine-tuning actions that build happiness, health and a mind full of peace along the way.